Equipment for hope – January 2022
Equipment for hope was the first project of 2022 for pastel Association. We wanted to do something meaningful and endow the Recovery, Physical Medicine, and Balneology Department in the Sf. Maria Childrens’ Emergency Clinical Hospital in Iași as approximately 1000 children need their recovery therapy services annually. These children were born with a handicap that is associated or not to a syndrome or children who acquired the handicap after an accident or other diseases. These are the children for whom the metaphorical step when talking about a dream is second to the physical step that they need more. That was our sole motivation: to offer these kids a chance to recovery by endowing their therapy rooms with the proper equipment.
This is what we managed to do through donors / Social Media influencers / channels through which we promoted this project:
- We have reached our goal: we have equipped the hospital’s recovery department with equipment children need during their therapies: weights, fit trampolines, elastic bands, kettlebells, parallel bars, medicinal bikes, fitness mats and medicinal balls.
- Among our donors, there were some individuals who donated equipment like a stepper and an elliptical trainer.
- We have signed a partnership with Hervis, the sporting goods store, who donated the most part of the equipment that went to the Recovery, Physical Medicine, and Balneology Department in the Sf. Maria Childrens’ Emergency Clinical Hospital in Iași.
- Several fitness centers – New Fit Way, Fitness Evolution, Downtown Obor și Mihalache, KomFitt, Kom Fitness, S.C. Onyx Sport SRL, Daily Workout SRL and SuperFit – supported us by placing an urn at their front desk for raising funds for this project.
- An influencer – Carmen Grebenișan – has helped us by posting about the project on her personal Instagram account.